Tuesday, November 11, 2008
My New Favorite Workout
OK, so it's not my FAVORITE, but I have to do it anyway so I might as well burn some calories.
See, in Brazil, it is imperative that you sweep (or vacuum) and mop your WHOLE HOUSE every day. So, once a week I vacuum and mop the apartment. My family takes shoes off at the door, which is why I don't have to do it every day.
Up until last week, Jeff was helping me. I would vacuum and he would mop, or vice versa. Well, in his post-shingles fatigued state, I decided to do both last week and I was SO PROUD! I did it!! The only thing was I didn't stretch out afterwards so I was REALLY SORE the rest of the week. That's when it occured to me--this has to be aerobic!
So, as you read this I'll have on my heart rate monitor and Ipod and I'll be melting the pounds away to this playlist:
Precious Plankton Dances in the Kitchen
1. Baby Got Book (Dan Smith)
2. Dragostea Din Tei (O-ZONE)
3. Instanbul (Not Constantinople) (TMBG)
4. The Heart of Rock & Roll (Huey Lewis and the News)
5. Jailhouse Rock (Elvis)
6. Escher's World (Chagall Guevara)
7. Boycott Hell (Newwboys)
8. The Pascagoula Run (live at Usc) (Jimmy Buffett)
9. The Great Adventure (Steven Curtis Chapman)
10. House of Faith (Geoff Moore & the Distance)
11. Time is... (DC Talk)
12. I Like to Move It from Madagascar (The Party Cats)
13. I'm Not Ashamed (Newsboys)
14. Twist and Shout (The Isley Brothers)
15. Jump (Van Halen)
16. Livin' La Vida Louca (Ricky Martin)
17. What I Like About You (The Romantics)
18. WHOOMP! There It Is (Tag Team)
19. U Can't Touch This (MC Hammer)
20. Walk Like an Egyptian (The Bangles)
21. She Blinded Me with Science (Thomas Dolby)
22. Who Let the Dogs Out (Baha Men)
23. Superman (R.E.M.)
24. Oh, Yeah (Yello)
25. Don't Worry, Be Happy (Bobby McFerrin) --to cool down
I'll post cardiac results afterwards.
Results (not as good as I expected):
Time 1:09, that's one HOUR, not one minute
average heart rate 106, that's 59% of my maximum
It varied greatly, between 98 and 122, depending on what I was doing.
Posted by Campbell Dunson at 12:07 PM
Labels: housekeeping, NaBloPoMo
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment